GTK and Multithreading

Can someone point me to documentation or source examples of a GTK
application which uses multithreading, preferably using the Posix pthreads
library. I have looked at all the books available to me and even those at
the bookstores and this topic is not covered in any of them. Multithreading
information is also missing from the official GTK documentation. My goal is
to be able to port an existing OS/2 Presentation Manager program that is
heavily multithreaded to a GTK/Gnome program.

As I am not a member of this mailing list please direct your responses
directly to me via e-mail.

Thanks,
W. David Ashley, IBM Global Services
Internet: dashley us ibm com