Re: cschtml and GnomeCanvas

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Has is been considered adding cschtml, http://cscmail.net/cschtml to
> gtk+? It is GtkHTML (with strangely named is a gnome widget), but all
> gnome and bonobo dependencies has been removed.
>
> Also, has it been discussed moving GnomeCanvas from the gnome libs to
> gtk? If I am not totally wrong, gtk 2.0 will depend the libraries needed
> to build GnomeCanvas.
>
> These two widgets are very useful, and it would be nice to be able to
> write apps using then, without requiring all the gnome libs.

Wouldn't it?  GnomeCanvas has a gtk port already.  GtkCanvas was announced a
couple of weeks ago.  Neither widget, however, will make it into Gtk 1.4/2.0.
I'm not going to pretend to know why, and everyone on this list is already
aware of my "political" views, so I will refer you to owen and timj as they
have the final say on what's included (and what's not).

PS, a word of advice:  Do *not* mention these widgets on #gnome.  They simply
do not exist.

Matthew