Re: [gtk-list] Re: Perl/Gtk CVS 19990922

Paolo Molaro wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 02:41:34AM +0000, Dermot Musgrove wrote:
> > PS I am getting 'Abort (core dumped)' on exit again. I have changed a
> > load of code so it may well be my fault but has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Well, you shouldn't be getting a core dump using Perl/Gtk: provide a test
> case so we can check what's wrong.
Hi, after a lot of 'if(0)' hacking, I reckon that it is Gnome::Pixmap that
is causing the problem. I have a Reference form that has every widget that
Glade knows about and I eventually reduced it to the file that I have
attached.

When I removed the call to create the Gnome::Pixmap from the Reference form
but leaving all the other widgets (Gtk and Gnome), all seemed well.

I can't promise that this is the only way to get a core dump but it always
dumps on my machine :-)

My setup:
Linus 2.2.1 on AMD K6-2
Glib/Gtk+ 1.2.3
gnome-libs 1.0.16
Perl/Gtk CVS version downloaded 19990922

Perhaps Steve Kordik could tell us more. I don't think that cscmail uses
Gnome::Pixmaps but it does call Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap->create_from_xpm() quite
a few times via a utility sub.

HTH, Dermot

Dump.pl