Re: [gtk-list] Re: Optimum way to set the width of a clist

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 lightmanaj@earthlink.net wrote:
> > The gtk+ tutorial suggests that we hard-code our column widths in
> > a clist. However, what I want to do instead is to take the width of
> > the longest row and use that as the width of the entire column.
> > That way, the size of the clist won't be dependent upon the font or
> > the theme that a user has configured. Is this possible?
> >

> There's a function gtk_clist_set_autosize() or something like that,
> it can be a bit weird because sometimes the columns self-size, but
> it will do what you want.
How about the (in the rdp) not yet documented function:

gint        gtk_clist_optimal_column_width  (GtkCList *clist,
                                              gint column);

What is the purpose of this ?
If it does what its title is indicating that's the one to
use, I think.

HTH,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG