RE: [gtk-list] Win32 port - suppressing the parent terminal window on startup.

>   Whenever I start a gtk program (that I compiled), a black terminal
> window always pops up behind the gtk program window for the entire time
> it is running.
>
>   What's the trick to suppressing this "parent" terminal window so your
> gtk program stands free and alone, and looks neat?

Three possibilities:

* #include <wincon.h> and call FreeConsole() at the top of main() ... you'll
still catch a glimpse of the console when the program starts, though.

* Create a shortcut to your application, open the shortcut properties,
change "Run" to "Minimized", and run your app from the shortcut.

* Create a 2nd application that runs your program using CreateProcess() with
DETACHED_PROCESS for the dwCreationFlags parameter.

Cheerio,
Tim