Re: [gtk-list] how are the scrollbars drawn

Eric Hegstrom wrote:

> Sorry to ask this question again, but I still can'r seem to figure it
> out. I want to make some large scroll bars for a touch screen. How can I
> make the standard scroll bars be drawn at a different scale. I
> especially want to do this for a clist.
>
> ANY leads at all would be most appreciated.

Try adding this code before creating any of the scrollbars:

  GtkRangeClass *klass;

  klass = gtk_type_class (gtk_hscrollbar_get_type ());
  klass->slider_width = 40;
  klass->stepper_size = 40;

  klass = gtk_type_class (gtk_vscrollbar_get_type ());
  klass->slider_width = 40;
  klass->stepper_size = 40;

This sets some class variables which are used to calculate the size of the
parts of the scrollbars. I suppose you shouldn't really change the internals
of the classes, but it doesn't seem too bad.

(I'm not 100% sure it works, though. I haven't tested it much.)

Damon