glib strfuncs and portability.

Sorry if this is a bit offtopic, but I'm hoping some glib developers might
be hanging out in here.

I've noticed that glib has a lot of wrappers/substitute functions for
things like strerror() and strcasecmp() which I use, and are very helpful
from a portability standpoint, since if glib compiled for them, I'm over
the portability hurdle on those functions.

The question is, is there any possibility that more such
sometimes-unportable string functions will be added?  In particular, I'd
like to see strsep() since I have calls in some applications where a
transformation to strtok() can cause some weird problems  (segfaults,
hangs, and all other nasty kinds of things depending on platform)

The strsep() manpage mentions how it is somewhat of a replacement for
strtok() and does some extra positive things, with the downside that it's
less portable.

Just a hopeful entry into the glib-wishlist.  :)

David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/index.shtml - Linux software development
There are three kinds of people:  Those who can count, and those who can't.