Re: [gtk-list] Selling a GTK+ application for money?

>  I am writing an application in GTK+ and wish to sell it to make money.  Is
>  this possible using GTK+ and linking it in via shared libraries?

Please do not confuse cost with freedom.  The LGPL under which GTK+
is released is not concerned with price.

You may charge whatever you want for your application.

If your application is not free software, i.e. it does not give you
the freedom to modify and redistribute the source, then you must
provide a way for the user to relink it with a different version of
the GTK+ library.  You can do this by assuming the user has shared
libraries or by providing object files that can be relinked with the
library.

If your application is free software, you have nothing to worry about.

>  Should I be using Qt w/ commercial licensing or a Motif gui library?

You would have to pay royalties for these.  You do not have to pay
royalties with GTK+.

Please read the LGPL for details.  It comes with GTK+ as gtk+/COPYING.

  Federico