Re: RFC: gtk-thread.c

erik@it.et.tudelft.nl (Erik Mouw) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> In addition to my gtk-fork example I posted to this list a month ago,
> I now made a GTK + threads example. This is also my first multi-threaded
> program, so please tell me about errors. I tested this on Linux only,
> so maybe it is not completely portable.

Looks good except for Sebastian's comment, and a few GTK+ nits.

> gint delete_event(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEvent *event, gpointer data)
> {
>   return(FALSE);
> }

What's the point of this? This just replicates the default
behavior.

> #if (GTK_MAJOR_VERSION == 1) && (GTK_MINOR_VERSION == 0)
>   gtk_container_border_width(GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);
> #else
>   gtk_container_set_border_width(GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);
> #endif

What's the point of this #ifdef? GTK+-1.0 didn't support
threads. And I wouldn't encourage anybody to use GTK+-1.0
at this point. It hasn't been bug-fixed for a least a
year.

Regards,
                                        Owen