Re: [gtk-list] Can I write widget with signals in perl?

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 12:54:41AM -0700, wycc@link.ece.uci.edu wrote:
> We can use register_subtype to produce a new widget in perl.
> However, the new signals we defined seems no effect at all. When
> I check the source code, I found that the widget is defined before array
> signals are checked. This is why new signals doesn't work(as sample code
> widget.pl, it will complain that new signal (65) not found.)

I corrected the problems re signal creation: now it's done in the
GTK_CLASS_INIT function as in the C API:

sub GTK_CLASS_INIT {
	my($self) = @_;
	add_arg_type $self "blorp", "GtkString", 3;
	add_arg_type $self "Foo::bletch", "gint", 3;

	add_signals $self
		bloop => ['first', 'void', 'gint'],
		blaat => ['last', 'void'];
}

> Will Druid be implemented soon? I'm writing a perl/GTK builder Perl
> Composer right now and I need wizard support. Because perl/Gtk lack of
> wizard support, I write one by myself. However, It's better that if I can
> use standard one. If nobody works on this, I can do it. Does someone work
> on it?

It's implemented (but untested:-) in the gnome cvs repository
(module gnome-perl).

lupus

--
"You guys are definitely worth a wedding party." The Debian folks at ALS99