Remaining Q's

Thanks for all your answers to "Basic Questions" and "$64k Questions".
The one big thing that I can't figure out now that's impeding my work
is how can I make a preview capture all the keyboard events. I need to be
able to do it in isolation (as in "b" has been pressed) and in conjunction
with mouse clicks (Ctrl and Space were both down when the mouse button was
pressed down). Where can I find this info? (Some keywords will suffice!)

Pavel