Gimp CVS 1.1 and KDE 1.1

All those changes and installed autoconf parts, and GIMP finally
compiled and installed with only a few very obvious glitches (so far
;) none are show stoppers, and one is likely very easy to fix:

#1 the default location of plugins is set to
/usr/local/lib/gimp/plug-ins whereas the installation places them in
$prefix/lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins

#2 most new windows do not display under KDE 1.1 --- I get an entry
on the status bar of kpanel, and clicking that displays the window, but
most image, dialog and status windows do not automatically display

#3 on a new image, setting the pixel size (top numbers) or the points
has no effect; all new images are either the size of the current image
or the default size.

#4 I load and copy from an image to the clipboard, move to the new image
and paste it, then select the transform tool for scaling, I get the grid,
but sizing the grid causes inverse scaling: If the grid is half the size
of the insert, the scaled image will be twice the size of the inserted
image.

Excellent work, people; the new gimp is absolutely on the road and
running!

--
 |       _)     Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>
 __|  __| |   \ TeleDynamics Communications Inc
 |   (    | \_/ http://www.teledyn.com/  ICQ#6023820
\__|\___|_|     Don't oppose forces.  Use them. (RBF)