Re: [gtk-list] Re: position

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, James Bailie wrote:

> Tim Janik writes:
>
> > a window widgets window manager frame position (i.e. for --geometry option)?
> > gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin (widget->window,...)
>
> I've been using gdk_window_get_root_origin() for this. What's the difference?

in the first place, i implemented gdk_window_get_root_origin() for this
purpose, but to get it working with enlightement's multiple desktops, raster
implemented gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin () some while later.
in 1.3 we will probably deprecate one of the functions and just provide
a compatibility define for it (while maintaining functionality portable
across all window managers of course).

> --
> James Bailie

---