RE: [gtk-list] install glib

Hi,

I think you should uninstall the previous version of Glib and GTK first. How to do it? If you're using RH6.0, use the built-in application to remove the package. If you're using the RH5.2, please refer to the FAQ.

Before you do the configuration of GTK( after installed GLIB successfully ), add few lines into the end of file /etc/profile as below.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH

Another file you may need to edit too is /etc/ld.so.conf by simply add a line like below.

/usr/local/lib

After that run /sbin/ldconfig

After that logout and login again, then try to install GTK again.

Hopefully it may help you.