Re: configure_event

Harold Campbell <hcamp@muerte.net> writes:

> Can anyone tell me why it is that when I set set a value to
> widget_class->configure in my widget init function that my
> configure_event function is never called?

Configure events are only set to toplevel widgets - the
configure event is used to inform the application that
the size of a window has been changed by the window
manager.

Generally, for subwidgets, the thing you are interested
is the "size_allocate" signal, which says that GTK+
has allocated a new size for the widget.

Regards,
                                        Owen