Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems compiling with gtk.

Thus spoke Diego Lu
> I'm running RH5.2.  I have old gtk and old glib installed. If I want to
> upgrade it then I need to unistall these old versions first.
> How do I get rid off the old glib and old gtk?

To find the package name:
rpm -qa | grep gtk

To remove it:
rpm --nodeps --erase <pkgname>

I'm no RPM expert, however.  The only time I use RPMs is for an initial
installation.  After that, I install everything else from source
distributions, often directly over the existing RPM installation.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to