[gtk-list] Re: Force refresh/exposure

I have been vaguely following this thread, and now find myself
confused - unfortunately i didn't save the more relevent previous
posts - but what i remember is that Havoc wrote
gtk_signal_emit()
is bad, and here he says not allowed.

I wrote a small widget, sort of a cross between preview and
scrolled_window with zoom and minimal mem requirements, but in doing
so i am pretty sure i used several emits, and after seeing this post
checked the tutorial, and it shows several gtk_signal_emits in the
example code.

Is it really wrong to use emit. It seems to me a very convienient way
to access widget functionality.

lytles