Re: [gtk-list] Using drawRGB with selective transparencies

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 robert_gasch@peoplesoft.com wrote:
> in my program, I first draw on a drawing area
> using drawRGB. I would then like to overlay
> this drawing area with some selective points,
> also using drawRGB. The problem is that the
> points I read are in no special order and thus
> all over the place. Right now I'm doing the following

Your best bet is to simply keep a GdkRGB buffer around, or the info to
recreate it; do the points on the client side, then recopy the entire
buffer.

If you want to do it on the server side, then just use gdk_draw_point()
and use gdk_rgb_gc_set_foreground() to set the GC color. It's slow but if
you have only a few points probably faster than recopying the whole RGB
buffer. If the points are the same color, you can gdk_draw_points() to
send them all at once.

Havoc