Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

"Fox, Kevin M" wrote:

> Afraid to correct you but, the Cheese theme gtkrc makes no reference to
> the pixmap engine. There fore, the pixmaps that are used are loaded
> directly by gtk, not the pixmap engine.
>
> If you remove the pixmap engine, the Cheese theme still works.

 Is there something special to use the pixmap engine ?

 I'm trying to use some of the themes that are using the engine.
 running on an O2 with irix 6.5, I have the latest imlib, glib and gtk
installed; enlightenment is working OK, so is gimp and a couple of
other
gtk applications.

 when I try to run a gtk app ( with let say BeOS gtk theme ), I get
the following run time error, all of the other themes are working (
the
ones that are not using the pixmap engine ):

3406:gftp: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol
in /net/jupiter/stuff_max/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libpixmap.so:
gdk_imlib_init

 I don't really what the problem is; this path is in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/net/jupiter/stuff_max/lib:/net/jupiter/stuff_max/lib/gtk/themes/engines:DEFAULT

 do I have to rebuild imlib/glib/gtk/gtk-engine in some special order
?

--
Maximilien Lincourt, B. info.,  Software developer
mailto:max@toonboom.com    http://www.toonboom.com