external program

Hi,

I have been using GTK+ for 5 days and I must say
that the development team has done a very good job
in coming out this package. Keep it up.

I have one question here (which may have been
answered before).

What is the correct way to execute an external program
without forcing the gtk_main to stop interacting with
the user?

I am current using this.

1. The user select a menu-item run() from the main-window
2. The call-back function run() gets activated
3. Inside the call-back function

	static void run(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data){

	  pop a modal dialog box
	  execute an external program
	  destroy the dialog box
	}

This approach works, but the main-window will get corrupted once
you start moving the dialog box around.

-Malcolm