Re: ./configure and 1.1.13

mdkirby <mdkirby@blazenet.net> writes:

> I am currently using gtk+1.1.13 and glib1.1.13 (both rpm's) and a am
> unable to configure any gtk-based programs.

RPMs from where? (BTW, RPM's for 1.1.15 are now on ftp.gtk.org)

It would also be useful to know something about your
system. Are you using Red Hat 5.1? Red hat 5.2? SuSE?
Solaris? (some people use rpm on Solaris...)

> gtk-config --version reports : 1.1.13
> gtk-config --libs reports :
>     -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib
> -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm
> gtk-config --cflags reports : -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/lib/glib/include
>
> When running ./configure is spits out the following:
>         checking for gtk-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
>         *** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
>         *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was

Hmmm, you cut out the important part of that sentence, which read, in
full, "See the file config.log for the exact error that occured."
Without knowing what error messages were written to the log
file, it is hard to know what is going wrong on your
system.

                                        Owen