Re: [gtk-list] Re: Re: Can't Run GTK--'s HelloWorld

>you should really be using gtkmm-config -script. The tutorial and
>examples directory uses different kind of makefile because they need
>to work before you've installed gtk--, especially it must not use the
>old gtk-- version. Now, if you forget some -I options,
>the header files might be got from old installation directory of gtk-- -
>or from somewhere else - and wrong compability options will be used.
>=> gtkmm-config should be used for your own makefile.

Thanks, I was looking for something like "gtk--config" earlier.  Didn't
realize gtkmm-config is the one.

>CC = g++
>INCLUDES = `gtkmm-config --cflags`
>LIBS = `gtkmm-config --libs`

Tried this, and didn't compile.  Somehow the "gtk--config.h and
gdk--config.h files in my system ended up in
/usr/local/lib/Gtk--/include, which is not in the cflags.
(Those are the only two files in that directory.)

Other .h files seem to all reside in /usr/local/include

Is this normal or that my gtk-- was not installed correctly as
I thought?

    Eddie