Re: [gtk-list] create_menubar function

"Rostedt, Steven" <steven.rostedt@lmco.com> writes:
> I am now porting a Motif application over to GTK,
> unfortunately I couldn't get GTK to compile on AIX 4.1, so
> that version of my application has to stay in Motif.
> But I'm trying to get my application to GTK for Solaris.

Fixing whatever is wrong with GTK on AIX is doubtless easier than
maintaining two different versions of your app!

> So now my problem. I need to make menu bars with accelerators,
> and when I tried using the menu factory, it mistook a menu name
> "Lock / Unlock" as another submenu.  Since this menu name is
> a requirement, I need to keep it in.  So I went over to the "hard" way
> of handling menus. Now I fought with accelerators and I'm still
> finding bugs.

I thought "surely the item factory (use item factory, not menu
factory) has a way to escape slashes" but looking at the code it
appears that it doesn't. This should be reported as a bug at
http://bugs.gnome.org IMO.

Havoc