Re: [gtk-list] What's GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK?

Wednesday Dec 1 15:04:49 +0100 1999 Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@mchp.siemens.de> wrote:
> Hi!
> Could any kind soul please explain to me,
> what GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK is good for?

Normally, when one sets GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK, program starts to get
stream of events when mouse pointer travels on the window. If
GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK is also set, program receives only one
event indicating pointer has moved, and until the mouse pointer position
is queried by another call, no more pointer movement events will be received.

> What could i do with it?

Make a better opaquemove and opaqueresize behaviour in a window manager
(which will only be a partial help in case of opaqueresize when application
program is too dummy to handle it efficiently (liek Netscape). :)

Well there is lots of other uses for it.

> Bye,
> Martin.

Tomi