Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk book(s)?

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> To be fair, this isn't a reference, per se.  It is a very good introduction
> to Gtk, but a reference book would be much more encompassing.  This isn't a
> text where you look up a function and find out what it's parameters are
> used for.

  And I thought that I had pointed this out. The docs which come with the
libraries appear to do a good job of explaining what each function does. I
found a need for a better overall introduction than what I read in the
tutorial.

  Each of us comes from a different starting place and we all need a little
nudge at different stages. I found the book to be just the ticket for
getting an overview and knowing in what general area to look for functions
I'd need.

  By the same token, there's a third-party GIMP book which I found to be a
terrific supplement to the included docs. :-) Of course, I'm still having
problems with the GIMP, but I don't make the time to play seriously with it.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)