fork problem

hello

i've a little problem:
i have a global text widget. At a moment i fork, and if i want to access
to this global text widget
in the child process, the programm close and i've theses errors
(sometime it also freeze the Xsession...):

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x794)!
Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...
IOT trap/Abort

how can i reach my widget in a child process? I've even tried __clone
and pthread_create instead of fork,
but it give the same errors...
I don't understand (perhaps it's due to fork which give differents
segments to its process...)

Excuse me for bad english but i'm a french student!