Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk on freebsd

As the well known Erik Mouw said...
->On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:53:40 +0200 (MET DST), gtk-list@redhat.com (Emmanuel DELOGET) wrote:
->> I'm currently updating gtk (from 1.0.6 (!) to 1.2.2) on a freebsd
->> 2.2.8 box, and I have some problems. Everything compile well
->> (on my linux box without the pthread lib, I had a compile time
->> error on some file - I do not remember the name), and install well
->> from the following command line :
->>
->>      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --datadir=/usr/local/lshare \
->>      --infodir=/usr/local/linfo
->>
->> But when I want to 'configure' compile some third party products that
->> uses gtk (such as imlib or the Gimp), they complain and give me these
->> error messages :
->
->AFAIK, GIMP 1.0 does not work with GTK+ 1.2.x, so the error message is
->quite normal. There seems to be a GIMP version that works with GTK+ 1.2.x.
->Imlib however, does work as long as you get the latest and greatest version.
	Yes... That was Gimp 1.0.4. The configure script failed on the
	gtk version verif [probably on the same error than below, since
	it links a gtk-based program to find the gtk version].
->
->Try to compile the GTK examples in the examples subdir. If that works, the
->problem is in GIMP or Imlib, otherwise you can figure out with ldd what's
->going wrong.
	OK. The examples compiles. But they don't run and ld.so returned :

	ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "___isthreaded" in menu:/usr/local/lib/libgdk.so.2.0

	So : ld.so find the libraries, but fail to link them dinamically.
	I don't know whether __isthreaded is a gtk symbol or not, I will dig
	this when I have time.

	Thanks for you help. I didn't thought to the examples/ stuff.
->Erik
->
->--
->J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
->of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
->Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
->Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl
->WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/
->
->

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"