Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems installing GLIB and GTK

Chances are you've installed glib and set your PATH
correctly, but your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is still wrong. If this
variable is set you should do something like
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
otherwise try (this works for me):
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

You want to place the /usr/local/lib (or whereever your glib/gtk
libraries are) *before* the rest of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so
that the newly installed libraries are detected first ...

This usually solves this stuff for me
--> R

"Daniel Cohen" <daniel.cohen@matteus.se> on 04/09/99 11:38:06 AM

Please respond to gtk-list@redhat.com