GTK and network socket programming

Hi,

I'm attempting to write a networked game using GTK.  It's in its early
stages, though I have most of the server (non-GTK) coded.

I'm somewhat new to both sockets and GTK, but it seems as though it
would be difficult to get them to work together in the same program.
How can a program be waiting for a GTK event and listening on a socket
at the same time?

Can someone point me to a resource on this?

Thanks,
Micah
--
"win95 n. 32 bit extensions for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally