Re: [gtk-list] Few minor pre-1.0 comments

On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 06:03:36PM +0100, Daniel Skarda wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have few comments about current release of gtk+:
[...]
> 4) GtkCombo - I tried to make console entry using GtkCombo - but I met one
> of combo's shortcoming - the ENTER key (entry's signal `activate') is hard
> wired to gtk_combo_popup_list so it is impossible to easily disable this
> feature (at least list blinks on the screen...)

Yes, this behaviour can be annoying: is it ok if I provide a function
like gtk_combo_disable_activate() that removes the activate handler?

> 5) GtkCombo (again :) - may be I have missed something but I think there is
> not easy way to insert new items to GtkCombo history - gtk_combo_set_popdown\
> _strings destroyes whole list and rebuild it from scratch...

The best way is to access combo->list and use the gtk_list_* functions:
gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings() is just a convenience function.

>   .... also GtkCombo button should be much more beuatiful.... (no - just a joke
> being snobish... :)

You can could access combo->button or set for the combo button a style with your
preferred draw_arrow routine:-)

lupus