PROPOSAL : Progress bar

Hello everybody !

I'm just working on making the progress bar more flexible, and would like
to hear some of your comments.

This is what I did so far :

1. Added orientation :

   typedef enum
   {
     GTK_PROGRESS_LEFT_TO_RIGHT,
     GTK_PROGRESS_BOTTOM_TO_TOP,
     GTK_PROGRESS_RIGHT_TO_LEFT,
     GTK_PROGRESS_TOP_TO_BOTTOM
   } GtkProgressBarOrientation;

2. Added a bar style :

   typedef enum
   {
     GTK_PROGRESS_CONTINUOUS,
     GTK_PROGRESS_DISCRETE
   } GtkProgressBarStyle;

GTK_PROGRESS_CONTINUOUS is the current standard behaviour, while
GTK_PROGRESS_DISCRETE only has a (configurable) number of different
states (drawn as 3D-blocks) like :
|### ### ###                               |
|### ### ###                               |
|### ### ###                               |

I also tried something like GTK_PROGRESS_TUBE, but that really didn't
look very GTK-ish. ;) But a nice 3D-tube (like in Warp4) would be
very nice. (Don't know much about gradients, though. ;)

3. Added optional display of text (using a format string which can be
supplied by the user; the default is "%.0f %%"). In DISCRETE mode,
text is not displayed (ugly and quite unreadable).

4. A new signal "progress_changed", so e.g. the user can update his
own label with the current percentage.

We also might introduce a generic GtkProgress widget, with GtkProgressBar
and other possible progress indicators derived from it (e.g. GtkProgressPie,
GtkProgressSandGlass ?)

bye,
   Stefan