Re: use menus with keyboard?

Malte John <malte@ddd.de> writes:

> Hi all,
> does anybody care about navigation through menus with the
> keyboard?
>
> I mean Accelerators like in windws (sorry) and navigation
> with the cusor-keys.

I'm working on this currently. It will be in 1.2. (Navigation
basically works for me now, I just need to put the ability to specify
the underline accelerators into GtkItemFactory, which is the GTK+ 1.1
replacement for GtkMenuFactory.)

> As a programmer I don't want to switch between keyboard and
> mouse constantly and I want to have FULL access to the program's
> functions, not just the few <control>-accelerators, which are
> difficult to remember anyway..

Don't neglect the current ability to set up whatever accelerators you
like by pressing a key when you have the menu popped up. (But most
GTK+ programs don't currently save such accelerators)

I agree that the <alt>F O style is generally more convenient.

Regards,
                                        Owen