Re: Notebook signal

> I'd still like to see my "switch_page" signal go into CVS
> (gtk-hamann_jeske-971212-0). The patch still applies correctly
> to the current gtk+-0.99.2. I urgently need it, and I also
> received mail by some other people, saying that this is
> what they've been looking for.

OK, done. (You actually convinced me before, but I didn't get
around to applying the patch before)

> BTW: We're planning to implement a scrollable notebook (two
> small arrow buttons for scrolling). The current notebook makes
> it hard to e.g. implement a phone book with 26 pages.
> Any comments ? ;)

Well, it isn't an interface choice I'd use in my programs.
I think the appeal of the notebook is that it looks like a notebook.
Once you've lost that, then you might as well just go with a list
and a box.

Also, creating widgets for all 26 pages of the notebook is going
to be slow. If each page has the same widgets, you're probably
better off using list+box, and changing the contents of the widgets
in the box when the list selection changes.

Of course, with an ordinary notebook, you can gain a bit more space
by putting the labels on the edge (like most addressbooks I've seen)
You've probably already tried that though.

But I don't really know what a scrollable notebook would look
like - maybe it would work better than I imagine.

Regards,
                                        Owen