GtkEntry::set_text

Does anybody know why there is a "set_text" signal for the
Entry widget?

It is emitted when the entry's text is changed through
set_text, append_text, and prepend_text, but not when
the text entry is edited. (The "changed" signal is emitted
as well for set_text(), etc, and during editing)

It is currently not used in GTK the GIMP, or any of the parts
of the GNOME I have locally, and I suspect it is just
a vestigal reminant of an earlier implementation of
gtk_entry_set_text. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to
remove it.

I am also planning to add a new virtual base class, Editable
for the Entry and Text widgets, which, I think will hold
just the single signal, "changed" for now. It should have
no effect on existing programs. (Except for breaking binary
compatibility - but that's long since gone for 0.99.4)

Regards,
                                        Owen