Re: [gtk-list] Re: hiding things and resizing...

Tim Janik <timj@gimp.org> wrote:
> [owen, what leeman asks for is the current (visible!) behaviour if you force
> unrealize a widget.

I think you are misunderstanding what he said.

> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Leeman Strout wrote:
>

> > Me again... *smirk* smack me if I get too loud  ;)
> >
> > Same application, I want a portion of the window (some option buttons) to
> > be shown only when the user wants them.  Using widget_hide() works just
> > fine, except that I don't want the widgets left in the window resizing to
> > fit the window.  What I want is for the window to resize to fit the
> > widgets.  (unhiding the options does re-inflate the window, the window
> > just doesn't auto-deflate)

It's not that he wants the space formerly occupied by the hidden
widget to stay blank, he just wantsthe window to resize instead of the
other widgets in the window. I think he can get the effect he wants
simply by using gtk_window_set_policy (although I don't remember the
right options).

 - Maciej Stachowiak