Re: newbie question on gdk

George <jirka@5z.com> wrote:

> >   sleep(3);
> >
> >   /* shut down gdk and exit the program */
> >   gdk_exit(0);
> > }
>
> it's quite simple, the events don't get processed .... there needs to me
> a gtk_main_iteration somewhere ...

I thought this was a little off the mark; gdk is meant to be a drawing
toolkit, and it seems to me that event loops are a widget toolkit kind
of thing. But being a self-confessed newbie to gtk, I decided to have a
look in gdk.h to see if I was off track, and I spotted the real cause of
my problem.

There is a function gdk_flush(). Putting this in after all of my drawing
code and before the sleep() worked wonders. It has been sooo long since
I did any Xlib stuff that I didn't even think of the need to flush the
connection to the X server.

Thanks anyway for the responses.

Regards
M.Beach