Re: [gtk-list] Re: multi-tasking

On 23 Feb 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> No. (It will be part of the themeability support, but not now)

  Thanks, that's what I groked from the code. I've switched back to an
eventBox.

> But have some pity on the user. Why not just make the volume control
> a scale?

  No space for a slider, I'm trying to keep it as compact as possible
(actually it is a slight variation on freeCD for win95, using his
pixmaps).

> True. It is just getting queued for redraw. In 0.99.4 you will be able to
> fix that by doing the:
>
>   while (gtk_events_pending())
>     gtk_main_iteration();

  I'll switch to that when 0.99.4 is released I guess.

> thing, before going off and doing your long operation. But there is an
> even easier way, that I didn't think of mentioning earlier: just call:
>
>   gtk_widget_draw (button, NULL);

  Ah! I knew there had to be a call like that. Thanks!

  Brian

Nexus Computing                           http://www.eskimo.com/~nexus
Electronics, Embedded Software and Linux             nexus@tatoosh.com