[gtk-list] Handlebox'es (was Re: Aligning menu_item's within a menubar)

// thus on 22 Feb 1998 15:46:28 -0500, d. virtually wrote:

Me> Gtt (Gnome time tracker) did have the help menu in the place that I
Me> wanted, but I didn't want to CVS down the entire gnome package just
Me> yet, and also it seemed to use a handlebox instead of a normal menu.

I've moved on, and checking through handlebox's, I noticed that since I
"grasp" it with the left border, it automatically triggers the window
manager to move the window, I wanted to know if I could
gtk_window_set_wmclass() for the handlebox widget.

So I blindly wrote and tried...

	gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (handle), "GS: Toolbar");
	gtk_window_set_wmclass (GTK_WINDOW (handle), "handle", "gs");

GTK didn't like that at all..

I dug through gtkhandlebox.c and found:

,----

|  /* FIXME: we need a property that would tell the window manager not
|   * to put decoration on this window.  This is not part of the ICCCM,
|   * so we'll have to define our own (a la KWM) and hack some window
|   * managers to support it.
|   */

`----

So, could handlebox have their Class.res_name set to "handlebox", so that
as an interim "hack" would be that you can set the window manager to
notitle this class/name.  Also I noticed that windows of type
GTK_WINDOW_POPUP are not decorated with titlebars (most likely because it's
a transient window?), can the handlebox set as transient?

d.