Re: [gtk-list] GtkWidget::set_style proposal (was: [bug, v0.99.3] frame->label_width)

non-default font sizes in gtkrc, Tim Janik wrote the following on Fri,
20 Feb 1998):

> the label size measuring will be done before the frame is added to a
> parent. therefore style->font is taken from the default style, which
> uses the default font that has another size than the one you used.
 [ . . . ]
> unaware of the style change (introduced by gtkrc parsing), the frame still
> operates with the old precomputed value that is incorrect for your new font.

Just to clarify:

  gtk_rc_parse is being called before gtk_frame_new, etc.  Maybe you
already figured that, maybe it doesn't make much difference anyway,
but it occoured to me that I hadn't said so...

Happy trails,
 - Kevin Turner