Scrollbar feel

Hello,

There is a problem with the current scrollbar. There is no way (that I've
found) to move to an exact position in one mouse click. In Netscape (and
presumably according to the Motif standard), clicking button two in a
scrollbar moves you to that position.

You cannot do this with Gtk scrollbars and as a consequence they are not
scalable. The way they are now, it is too complicated to move to a
position in a large list. Try adding 10000 lines in the clist example in
testgtk och scroll down to, say, the 9000'th line. With a single click you
would be able to do this with very little concentration and very quickly.
With the Gtk way it either takes forever or requires a lot of
concentration (dragging that miniscule rectangle). Either way distracts
the user from his current task.

What is the reason for not following Motif in this case? The Motif way is,
in my opinion, far superior to the Gtk way.

Per Lewau (perle@lysator.liu.se)Student of Computer Science at the
				University of Linkoping,
				Sweden.
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
						- Hobbes