accelerators

Hi,

I want to bind the escape key to delete_event for Gnome dialogs; but the
accelerator functions seem to take characters, not keysyms. Is there a
character for escape?

Other source I've looked at just uses key_press_event; it feels wrong to
have some keys work that way and others in an accelerator table, though.

Separate question: is there a way to find out which widget is the default?
Specifically, I want to bind return to the current default button in the
button box.

Thanks,

Havoc Pennington
http://pobox.com/~hp