Re: [gtk-list] Newbie with some low level questions

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 05:35:05AM +0000, Doug South wrote:
> What I'd like to be able to do is to place widgets in containers without
> any sort of window management happening. I'd like to be able to position
> the widgets within the containers and to control the widgets size. I'm
> not worried about what happens when the container resizes (though I'd be
> interested in getting a signal when it happens).

Look at the GtkFixed widget.  (See gtk/gtkfixed.h).

> I'd also would like to get the graphics context of particular
> widgets so that I can draw basic shapes on the widgets.

See the window field and the style fields in GtkWidget for this.  You
can use all the Gdk drawing commands on them.  The sytle field
contains the various graphics contexts corresponding to the state of
the widget.

Matt Kimball
mkimball@xmission.com