Re: [gtk-list] Re: Question about gtk-- signals..

jfp@squinky.org writes:
> I've attached the source files as mime attachements so you can fool around
> with the connect signal a bit.  I've tried a zillion little variations on
> this connect call.  Maybe, if you could fool around with it for a while
> until it compiles or you find the bug that needs to be fixed in gtk--,
> we could get this resolved a little more efficiently.  Thanks for your
> help!  I want to get the C++ crowd interested in gnome/gtk development by
> writing a decent little application in it! I could kludge it and use gtk
> signals but I'd rather not...

You know, the problem with your code was kinda neat:

You had:
  DoButtonBoxChange();^M
and it means the same as:
  int DoButtonBoxChange();^M

And you can *never* connect signal returning void to a function returning int!
so, you need:
  void DoButtonBoxChange();
  connect(radiob->toggled,this, &RadioButtonBox::DoButtonBoxChange);^M

Thus you got all odd errors with it... (also you had one argument in that
function... if you want the argument really, you can have it:
   void DoButtonBoxChange(Gtk_ToggleButton*b);
   connect(radiob->toggled,this, &RadioButtonBox::DoButtonBoxChange,(Gtk_ToggleButton*)radiob);^M

But anyway, it was a real type error in the code -- one of those hard-to-find
bugs...

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --