problems compiling testgtkmm

Sorry to forever be the squeaky wheel here, but I'm having problems
compiling testgtkmm from gtk-- 0.8.2.  I've tried both gcc 2.8.0 and egcs
1.0.2 under redhat 5.0 intel.

I also now get the same error when compiling my own fractal generator
program ;( (otherwise I wouldn't care as much)

What happens is that the linker complains about an undefined reference to
gtk_text_set_word_wrap.  I've got gtk 1.0 installed.  I've not checked to
see if this happens with any other versions of gtk.

now if I could only fix as many bugs as I report ;>

-Brian