Re: [gtk-list] Re: Multiple Display support in GTK+?

Michael Poole wrote:
>         Out of curiosity, how would this work?  It seems to me that
> GTK+, being (entirely?) a widget toolkit, is a layer of abstraction
> above running on multiple devices.  Supporting independent displays
> on multiple devices, or one display spanning several devices, is a
> lot more of a device-driver issue than a widget-level issue.
>
>         Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "multi-headed display
> support"?

Hmmm. Properly written Xlib programs can display themselves on any
display (screen) specified by the user. I'm guessing that GTK+ only
allows the program to show itself on the default screen (probably the
one pointed to by $DISPLAY). My question is 'Could there be a mechanism
to tell GTK+ to display everything on a different screen?' (from within
the same program)

Nathan