Re: [gtk-list] Reference counting

Marius Vollmer wrote:
> I'm still tinkering with the reference counting of Gtk.  Below is a
> text that describes how I think it should work.  Everything except the
> GtkObjects stuff has been implemented and is available as a patch from
> ftp.gimp.org as gtk-mvo-971013-0.patch.gz.  I hope to have something
> for the GtkObjects soon.

> The changes are not backward compatible.  It is possible to install
> some support until all major Gtk apps have been converted, I think.

> So, what do you think?

> <snip ref description>

As a gtk new user, I'd like to find some doc about this ref description
to understand what are the differences between: how it is, and your
modifications.
Is there any doc somewhere? except the source code I mean :).

I'm currently focusing on the graphical aspect of gtk, but I'd like
to know the internal workings (ref counts, widget creation scheme...).

Patrice.