Re: [gtk-list] Re: Possible to not use boxes

  Good day again,

am I right in guessing, that the class GtkStyle was thought out
to imitate different GUI-styles?

If so, has anyone written a GtkStyle-class, that emulates the
Motif-2pt-style, so that buttons look like Netscape buttons etc.

Normally I wouldn't really care for that, but I have got a special
reason. As I said before, I am porting wxWindows to the GTK. I
am also involved in creating a different port of wxWindows,
namely a port, which is based on Xt, but which doesn't make use
of any GUI. Instead, it creates its own GUI, by using its own
widgets written using wxWindows GDI-calls (like GTK using
GDK for drawing its widgets). These widgets are supposed to
be almost exact Motif clones, so they use the Motif-2pt-style.
I have then written a few (rather big) classes, such as one, which
almost exactly imitates the behaviour of the so called ListCtrl
under Windows95. So you can display data in tables, icon list,
a report view etc just like in Wndows95's Explorer. I want this
widget to work with my future wxGTK port, too. Well, it will
anyway, but it would look better, if I got GTK to use the 2-pt-style.

In short: has anyone written a replacement for the current GtkStyle
class, which draws its primitives _exactly_ like Motif (see
Netscape as an example).

      Regards,

               Robert Roebling