Re: anyone here yet?

Words Of Owen Taylor:

>-------
>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>use Gtk;
>
>Gtk::init ($0,\@ARGV);
>
>my $window = Gtk::window('toplevel');
>$window->connect("destroy", sub { Gtk::exit(0) });
>$window->border_width(10);
>
>my $button = Gtk::button_with_label("Hello World");
>$button->connect("clicked", sub { print "Hello World\n"; Gtk:exit(0) });
>$window->add($button);
>
>$button->show;
>$window->show;
>
>Gtk::main();

Personally, I prefer the following for perl.  Also, PerlTk is an awesome
example of how to use the OO features of perl to their fullest.

--
use Gtk;

GtkInit($0,\@ARGV);                 # Export because the code is easier
my $window = GtkWindow('toplevel'); # to read.  Export only when it is the
                                    # right thing to do.  It is the right
                                    # thing here.

$window->connect("destroy", sub { GtkExit(0) };

# The next includes the "add" right along with the
# with, defining the parent right away, making use of
# the OO design a bit more. (This causes significant
# decrease in code.)
$button = $window->button_with_label("Hello World");

# Perhaps too, $button->reparent($newparent) a valid routine.

$button->show;
$window->show;

GtkMain();

--
Shawn T. Amundson		University of Minnesota
Systems Administration	 	Computer Science System Staff

Count your friends, it won't take long; including yourself, you'll
find you only have one; you better have fun. -- Cathrine