Re: How to enter non-ascii characters

Bill Medland wrote:

Can someone help me avoid a week's research please.

How do I enter a non-ascii character into for example a gtk_entry field from my keyboard.
Depends,
If these are characters from a language, you can use the keyboard switching applet to switch to a layout of that language. If these are arbitrary Unicode characters, you can Ctrl-Shift+<codepoint> and the character will appear.
Use Accessories/Character Map to get the codepoint.
Or, simply use the Character Map to copy-paste it.

Simos
http://simos.info/blog/