Re: Sinhala support patch for pango-1.5.1

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 13:55, Chamath Keppitiyagama wrote:
> Hi Owen,
> I am sending a patch to add support for sinhala script in pango-1.5.1.
> Please, consider applying this patch to the pango source.
>
> The original patch was by Harsha Senanayake for pango-1.2.5. This is just
> a port of that to 1.5.1. Harsha has sent you that earlier patch last year,
> but it seems that it has never made it into the pango source.
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2003-October/msg00000.html

The best place to put patches for Pango is into bugzilla ... they
are less likely to get lost there.

> I cannot test this thoroughly yet, because the the only  sinhala unicode
> font available so far does not have GPOS and GSUB tables.

I'm not sure we'd want to put these changes into Pango before there
was a font to test with.

>  That font is
> available at http://cvs.linux.lk/cgi-bin/cvsweb/sinhala/
> The patch seems to be working except for the fact that  it seems to ignore
> spaces in sinhala texts.

You might want to make sure that the font actually has a space
character. Pango makes the assumption that all fonts have a space
character.